Tuesday, July 23, 2019

El Supermercado de Abastos, worth the hike


By Brianna Carolan

Today I had the pleasure of going to El Supermercado de Abastos. This was probably the most incredible supermarket I've seen being that it was all outdoors, and had a variety of options, including the option to order food and eat it there.

Now personally, I am not a fan of seafood, but if you are, this is one hundred percent the place for you. They had all fresh food that included clams, crawfish, lobsters, shrimp, snails and many more. It was amazing just seeing all the options that everyone was offering.

I left there wishing that I did enjoy seafood because everything just looked that amazing. The best part is that seafood was not the only option. Fresh meat, cheese, chicken, fruits and even “the world's best olive oil” were available for purchase.

Chicken and burgers are more my style, so seeing that caught my attention.
When we walked past the fruit section, my mouth started to water just from looking at the colorful options. Apples, oranges, cherries, plums, melons, and anything, you name it, and they probably had it.

Besides the fruits they also had fresh vegetables that included peppers, lettuce, carrots, onions and more. For all this being as fresh as it was, the pricing was nothing to complain about. I highly recommend going to experience this market because you have probably never seen anything like it. I know that as soon as I can, I'm going to be headed back there. Hopefully I will see you there, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spanish Fans: Cooling it while fighting off bugs

By Ariana Maldonado   Hand-held fans have been around since the 4th century when they were invented in Japan. They were popular also wit...