Monday, July 15, 2019

A Visit to the Biblioteca de America





By Lucas Hahn

Top of Form
You got a quick minute? Well great! You and your friends can come to the Library of the Americas in Santiago de Compostela.
I came to this historic building with my tour group and had a great time learning history, along with doing a photo shoot with my friends. The whole atmosphere made me felt like royalty the moment I walked in. The interior was beautiful and had red seats inside, along with stone stairs that look like they belong in my kitchen. Even the railings were made of stone. 


An old library, known as the Library of the Americas is housed here with plenty of books from hundreds of years ago. The library in my opinion is the best gift for any university or place of education. An ancient globe, original documents, books, and manuscripts and even an American flag are on display. 


I felt welcomed knowing that the University likes Americans because I feel the Spanish people think of my group as loud and obnoxious. 

Portraits of The University of Santiago de Compostela’s former presidents hang on the walls of one room.

A balcony in a meeting place for famous campus leaders faces the main square where more beautiful buildings can be seen, as well. You still have a minute? Great! The balcony is a perfect place to take selfies with your friends, and also admire the beautiful architecture. Everything also looked so perfect including the many tourists down below. I felt like a king admiring the view.
 
Just imagine having the privilege to enjoy that view every day. I know many people will say history is boring, but with the right group, anybody can have fun at these attractions! You don't even need to know about the history to enjoy this place. Just liking the way it looks is enough for the trip to be fun. This is just one of the many places that you can visit throughout Spain. So if you have a quick minute, come check out the Library of the Americas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spanish Fans: Cooling it while fighting off bugs

By Ariana Maldonado   Hand-held fans have been around since the 4th century when they were invented in Japan. They were popular also wit...